- TO CREATE and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO TAKE an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- TO UNITE the Clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest: provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by Club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service minded men and women to serve their community without personal financial rewards, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry professions, public works and private endeavors.
CODE OF ETHICS
TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation
by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for
quality of service.
TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration
or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price
of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because
TO REMEMBER that in building up my business it
is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers
and true to myself.
WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the right or ethics
of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubts against
TO HOLD friendship as an end and not a means. To
hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed
by one another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service
in the spirit in which it is given.
ALWAYS to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen
to my nation, my state, and my community, as to give them my unswerving
loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor
TO AID others by giving my sympathy to those in
distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE CAREFUL with my criticism and liberal
with my praise; to build up and not destroy.